Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

For My Glitter Guru, Mary the Marvelous

Mary England's link up this month is all about SELF LOVE.  I've been in such a funk lately, that I didn't think I could do it, so she suggested that I write some things that I like about myself.  Here it goes:

I learned at an early age to laugh at myself.  I was the youngest and the only girl.  Do the horrifying math, it was do or die!

I'm funny, even if it's only me cracking myself up.

I make a mean pirate.  Observe my pirate hat carefully.  See?  I can be funny.

I practice non judgment.  If anyone criticize you, it has nothing to do with you.  It's a judgement they are making about themselves.  It's worth the practice it to accept that.  It sure feels personal!  Sometimes it's just easier to react with hurt or anger.  Read The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz.  It helped me so much!

I practice non attachment.  I love being surrounded by brilliant colorful art.  If we had to sell everything and move to a one room apartment, I would paint a wall, find or make colorful art to fit the space.

I like my smile.  This is humongous for me.  I have always hated my smile.  I have thin lips that turn down at the corners when my face is relaxed.  Yes, I've been asked many times why I am frowning. When I smile it looks like a straight line with no lips.  How did I over come this smile loathing?  I worked for three years with Cool2Craft making craft video tutorials.  Tiffany Windsor saw something in me that she thought was worth mentoring.  Passion for creativity.  I always reviewed my footage before I sent it to her and I found, as I became more relaxed. that I was giving birth to my whimsical mojo.  My smiles were genuine and spontaneous.  Thank you, Tiffany.

And thank you, Mary England , you amazing source of glittery happiness!

4 comments:

  1. Can I add to your list? Heck, I'm doing it anyway since you forgot to add a few things.... Like how crazy kind and amazingly talented you are... Mad skills girl!!
    Plus, you always make others feel welcome and that is by far a super power in my book!!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you so much Heather! You made me cry good tears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that you always make people feel welcome! This is a great post, Candace, and I'm really happy you participated. You make a fantastic pirate, obviously, and you deserve all the love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your smile is beautiful and so are you! I love love love the photo of you dressed as a pirate- I recently saw it on Mary's blog and liked it then even though I didn't know who the lovely lady behind the beard was. ;)

    I love that practicing non-attachment is a thing, I never knew this. I try hard to be unattached to things because my husband and I are in a poor place financially- I'm scared one day we won't have our house or our car but what the hell- as long as we have each other and our dogs we should be ok, right?!


    (This is Erica from http://star-stuff.net but since you don't have an option to use my name & URL when commenting I had to attach this comment to a practically defunct LiveJournal account.)

    ReplyDelete