Pets bring so much love into our lives! Here's a fun and easy way to create a loving tribute to the family pet, with humor and panache. This mini book is die cut, decorated and then assembled with buttons and wire.
Watch my Mini Dog Adventure Book YouTube video tutorial!
Buttons - I used Blumenthal Lansing buttons
Aleene's Tacky Line Runner
Aleene's Tacky Glue Pen
Sizzix Originals - Album Cover & Page Die (or hand cut pages)
Cardboard for the book covers
Card stock for the pages and to cover the cardboard covers
Decorative card stock
Photos and/or drawings
Embellisments - gems, tag board bits, letters, fibers and charms
Felt pen to edge the pages - I used black
20 Gauge wire - I used copper
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
1. Cut 2 covers and several pages. Print the story with plenty of space to cut out the words and phrases.
2. Cover the cardboard book covers with decorative paper using the Tacky Line Runner. Tape pages back to back, as well.
3. Edge the cover and pages with black felt pen.
4. Lay out the story and photos in order. Cut backing for the photos from complementary papers. Add the spacer buttons which will line up with the spine holes on the front of each page. These will allow for lots of 3D embellishments.
5. Tape photos and backing onto the pages.
6. Glue on buttons and embellishments.
7. Cut 3 6" pieces of wire. Feed one wire through each set of spine holes. Use the round nose pliers to wrap spirals on each end of wire, wrapping right up to the book. The wire allows the book to open and close easily.