Well, here we are on day 25! That's right, and you are hopping onto the Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop! Yea! I love all the wonderful projects that I'm seeing on my daily hops! Take a bow, Wicked Bloggers!
Below are all the fabulous bloggers:
Click here to see how the cardboard pendant was made
20 Gauge wire - 6"
Round nose pliers
Chain nose pliers
1. Measuring 1 1/2" from one end of the wire, bend the wire around something large enough for your pendant piece. I used a jump ring sizer, but you could use anything. Crimp the wrapped wire just below where they meet.
2. You just made the loop to go through the hole on your pendant piece. Slide the pendant piece on the loop.
3. Grasp the loop on the outside of the pendant piece using the round nose pliers. Bend the short wire tail to the side and wrap it around the long wire tail.
4. Slide on and accent bead. In the video, I didn't wrap the short tail before adding the bead. I chose a bead with a hole large enough to fit over both wire tails and wrapped the short tail above the bead. Either way is fine.
5. Starting just above the bead, wrap the long tail around a pencil (or anything you have handy) twice. At the end of the second wrap, cross the wire over to the other side of the first wrap and wrap the tail around between the double loop and the bead.
It won't look manufactured, but I happen to like the wabi-sabi style. Imperfect is charming to me!