Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 3 - Halloween Hand Soap




It's day 3 of Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop! 
Below are all the fabulous bloggers:

Here's an easy Halloween upcycle project - Eye of newt hand soap! Dig out you favorite Halloween papers, and embellishments and create a one of a kind home accent!

Materials:
Soap pump bottle
Aleene's Collage Paudge Matte or Glossy

Decorative paper
Halloween ephemera
Gems
Paint brush
Scissors



Remove the label from a soap pump.
Measure the bottle and cut decorative paper to go all the way around.
Paint the bottle and the back of the paper with Collage Paudge and attach the paper.
Immediately coat the outside of the paper with the collage medium.
If your bottle is not straight up and down you may have to do some clipping an overlapping.
Smooth as much as possible.
Add paper embellishments in the same way.
I wanted the bat wing to stand out, so I coated the back of it to seal it.
Glue on the rest of the embellishments and allow to dry.


25 comments:

  1. This is really awesome and beautiful, your so clever, I just love this!!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ingenious idea to bring Halloween into several rooms. I love this idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never would have thought of doing that...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute project
    and a great way to upcycle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing... thanks for the tutorial on how you did it! You Rock! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your soap dispenser - although if I try it I'll make sure the bottle is perfectly straight up and down cause it look like a lot of extra work for your shaped one. So Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your upcycled soap dispenser is so whimsical and fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Halloween soap pump it is wonderful.Thanks for sharing you art..awesome!
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun project! Will have to try this. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea love your project
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome idea to make a halloween soap pump, i love the batty he is so very cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome! What a fabulous idea and thanks for the tutorial too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really fun, Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am batty of your soap pump! My girls would just wash their hands without me reminding them with a pump like this..thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this. My 9yr old saw this and he wants us to make one. Thank you for the how to...I'm going to need those directions.

    Happy Hauntings ^_^
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh that is too cute! Fab project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to wash my hands in that soap! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoW - very clever and I am totally ion love with that little Batty :-) xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete