Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 4 - Bat Barrette



It's day 4 of Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop! 
Below are all the fabulous bloggers:
Okay, it's not so spooky but it is sparkly! And it's super easy to make, too! This was inspired by Tiffany Windsor's Felted Floral Headband from last week's show. Grab some felt and craft foam and get to makin'!
Materials:
Aleene's Fabric Fusion Peel and Stick Sheets Aleene's Super Gel Glue
Felt
Black craft foam
Inka Gold orange metallic paste
Scissors Barrette base
Bat Template - the 1st click takes you to where I work, click again on the small print bat template to open it
Cut 4 different size circles of felt the largest of which will need to be 1/2' wider than the barrette base.
Cut from the outer edge of each circle to toward the center ending 1/2" from the center.
Cut points or rounded ends on each petal.
Cut a strip of felt 3/4" x 2".
Cut a craft foam bat using my print out.
Using your finger, brush a very small amount of metallic paste to the tips of the flowers.
Cut strips of the Fabric Fusion sheets to fit in the center of each flower circle, on the back of the bat, on the barrette base and felt strip.
Stick all the layers together and stick the flower to the barrette base.
Put the felt strip through the underside of the barrette and stick to the bottom of the flower.
Add jewel eyes to the bat and you're ready to wear it!

He is available in my Etsy shop
DeliciousMischief


27 comments:

  1. Now that is a fun and festive hair piece to wear. I would so wear that if I could. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh - girly squeal..... I WANT one !!!! Fantastic xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! thanks for the tut. I love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the bling! This can even be used for card or scrapbook embellishments :) Thanks for another awesome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace, I love your projects and your tutorials! I completely missed that this was a barrette even though it clearly said so. It is darling and if I had sufficient hair left I would definitely make one. As is, I'd have to put some sticky tape on the back to use it. Ok, Ike, here's the first bwahahahahaha I've used in October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this idea, great project!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! I have got to get me one of those!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your batty barrette. Thanks for sharing the directions too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful art..need one for my hair..
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. My niece would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGOSH...I love this!! I love making Holiday barrettes for my nieces. They will go "batty" over this one...hehe Thank you for always sharing and giving such great How-to directions.

    Happy Hauntings,
    Regi ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea and I know just the little lady who would wear it...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so fun visiting your blog, you have such fun ideas you share. This bat barret is way cool, will have to see if I have time to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow well anint that cool! Great idea!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Freakin' Awesome! I love it and you are the Queen of How To's! You Rock! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete