Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Chocolate Box Day 12 of S & S Halloween Blog Hop

Halloween Chocolate Box Card

It's day 12 of Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop!  This has been so much fun, hopping and commenting AND I thank everyone for the awesome comments you've give me! 

Below are all the fabulous bloggers:

It's no secret that I love chocolate. I love looking at it as much as eating it! So I have a series of polymer clay chocolate boxes in many themes. This one might be my favorite! It's Halloween themed, of course!
Here a few of polymer clay chocolate boxes with tutorials:
 The Tempered Empress Chocolate Box 
 The Mike and Candy Show Chocolate Box 
 The Joy Chocolate Box
 The Wedding Chocolate Box
 Materials for the chocolates:
 Polymer clay - dark brown, white and a touch of orange
Aluminum foil
Crochet needle for smoothing the clay
Clay stamps for the pumpkin faces
Each chocolate begins as a compacted foil lump - ball, square, rectangle - slightly smaller than your finished size will be.Condition a ball of clay that is about half the size as the foil.
Flatten and form the clay around the foil.Smooth the clay by rolling it gently on a smooth surface. Take a small piece of clay flatten the bottom and pull out several points for the stem. Add it to the top of the pumpkin.  
Use your crochet needle create the sections on the pumpkin.Lay the needle on the clay and roll it from top to bottom.
This is a close up of the angry eye stamp.
Here is a wide eye that can be turned to make the pumpkin look in any direction.
The triangle eyes are super easy to make.The mouth stamp is a wiggly smile. Bake the clay as directed. The stamps must be baked before using. I normally use paper to decorate the box, but I wanted to try one that is all chocolate.

24 comments:

  1. yummy love chocolats, I think these are to beautiful to eat though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! These look good enough to eat. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if this is a duplicate, I couldn't tell if my comment posted... anywho... love these little chocolates, they look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very, very cool!!! Can I come to your house and play with clay???

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Sure would be fab if you could eat them but I guess they're less fattening this way. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm getting hungry for chacolate........Thank you for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another fantastically inspiring piece from you today, this idea is just genius! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed by these little chocolate pumpkins! The stamps you made to do the faces are simply inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this tutorial.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, those are good enough to eat! Gimme chocolate! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your work is amazing..wonderful and amazing.
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool! I could never make these because I would forget they were clay and try to eat them! Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great chocolate pumpkins
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG this is fabulous cho pumpkins in a cho box, out of clay Love it!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete