Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 7 - Eyeball Ornaments

Eyeball Ornaments by Candace Jedrowicz

It's day 7 of Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop!  Yea!! This has been so much fun, hopping and commenting AND I thank everyone for the awesome comments you've give me! 
Below are all the fabulous bloggers:
Eeek! Eyeballs are big this year! Literally! I bought small ornaments after Christmas last year. They were hot pink and I just knew I needed them for a future project and here it is!
Materials:
Ornaments - round and smooth in various sizes
Acrylic paint - lime green, aqua and orange
Felt tip pens - lime green, pale blue, yellow and black
Paint brushes - round
Paint a large white circle in white and allow to dry.Paint a base iris color and allow to dry.
Using markers, vary the solid color with outlines and stripes.
Outline the white and the iris color with black marker.
Using at least on more color, blend the black outlines and and touch up the iris color to add depth.Add one or two dots of white paint for highlights.
Keep and EYE out for ornaments on sale this year!

24 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are fabulous! I will be on the lookout for ornaments to alter into eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project! I absolutely love these eyeballs! I will need to remember to make these. Thank you for the fantastic tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - they are soooo cool :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So freakin' CUTE! Love the depth you added with the pens. I wanna make some! xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I haven't tried the Copic markers and alcohol inks you all use. I imagine it would be even easier with those!

      Delete
  5. very "eye catching", lol! love them and thanks for the tut! i am going to make some and hang them around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those are fabulous. So creative. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are always so out-of-box and creative. And it is so kind of you to always tell us how you accomplished your magic! Love the eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those eyeballs! Great idea! I have a tree I leave up all year and decorate for the holidays. This would be great! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the eyeballs! You can get miniature ornaments and use this technique to make eyeball earrings! I always look forward to visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so very awesome, really cool eyeballs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well well well...just L@@K at this project..I LOVE IT!! THANK YOU for the inspiration and the how to. This will be a project the Chazman and I do together. ^_^

    Happy Hauntings,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your eyeball ornaments are so fabulous! Your so clever!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. these eyeballs are just great! so creepy cool xx

    ReplyDelete