Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 23 - Skull Bead



It's day 23!  And you are hopping onto the Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop! Yea!  I love all the wonderful projects that I'm seeing on my daily hops!  Take a bow, Wicked Bloggers!

Below are all the fabulous bloggers:
Polymer clay is such a versatile medium! I love making small beads in all kinds of shapes, but funny little skulls just tickle me. That being said, skull beads are easy and anyone can do it!


Materials:
Polymer clay - white
Black slick paint
Craft knife
Needle tool or toothpick
Paper towel
1. Roll the clay into a small ball
2.  Pinch the bottom into an upper and lower jaw area
3. Use the blade of the craft knife to cut teeth with vertical lines
4. Use the blade again to cut across the middle of the teeth, opening the mouth
5. Use the end of the needle tool to make eyes
6. Use the craft knife blade turned sideways to make the nose holes
7. Use the needle tool or toothpick to make a hole down the center
8. Bake according to directions
9. Apply the slick paint directly from the tube into the mouth, eyes and nose
10. Wipe off excess paint with a paper towel

28 comments:

  1. thanks for the video...loved it! You made it look so easy to make a skull bead that I'm willing to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have your blog saved to my favourites so I can come back and try some of these awesome projects. You make it look so easy and your tutorials are easy to follow. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome bead! Thanks for the video instructions too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this video and all of your other lovely tutorials! I've just directed my daughter-in-law here for some fun projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your bead do you sell your art? where if you do. wonderful talented lady you are.
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the reasons I love visiting your blog is that you actually make me BELIEVE that I can make the projects you show. Thank you for that and thank you for the wonderful tutorials! I love your little skull beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great skull. Perfect for a holiday necklace and thank you for the tutorial. Thank you for sharing your art work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab creation. Your art is so inspiring. TFS!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try making a skull one day.... yours are fabulous@

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well isn't he one happy guy? sooo cute! Fabulous work and great tut. xxD

    ReplyDelete