Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 20 - Halloween Cupcake Stand


It's already the 20th of Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop! Yea!  It's going by so fast!  I love all the wonderful projects that I'm seeing on my daily hops!  Take a bow, Wicked Bloggers!

Below are all the fabulous bloggers:

I am in love with my die cutting machine. It's a simple hand crank model, but I can cut tons of stuff with it! I won the Sizzix Cupcake Stand die when they had a big release bash for Eileen Hull's new designs! Sweet! I LOVE it!
Materials:
 Sizzix Cupcake Stand Die
A Halloween themed tissue box
Heavy card stock for the base
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Aleene''s Tacky Double Stick Sheets
The Cupcake Die has 4 pieces, but you only need 2 of the shapes.
You will need 1 cut of top and 4 of the base.
I used a side panel from a Halloween tissue box.
I had a really lovely black satin finish card stock with shiny black polka dots for the base.
I used Aleene's Tacky Double Stick Sheets to stick the two pairs of base pieces together before sliding them together.
Once together, I added glue to the seems for extra strength.
Glue the top of the base to the back side of the top.
I added glitter glue to the edges of the top and base.
I didn't have a cupcake handy, so I set the tiny table with Tootsie Roll cheeseburgers and fries.

22 comments:

  1. What a fantastic die. I have never seen that one but how fun that would be to have the table adorned with them. Nice work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your work is so wonderful..i love it always so inspirational
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat die and I adore your cheeseburger and fries!! Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute mini-table! I will have to go back and read about the tootsie-roll burger and fries later :) I'm thinking I can make mini-tables for my haunted doll house of the future :) You are so clever and such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dear Lady! I bet you could adapt the pattern to make them smaller. I can't wait to see!

      Delete
  5. Great cupcake stand love iot. Could have done with one of them yesterday.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! You mean you had cupcakes and didn't share? =0)

      Delete
  6. Wicked cupcake stand! Man, all these cupcakes is making me crave big time LOL! Being housebound recovering from major surgery sucks otherwise I'd go and get one...oh husband... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE it!! I love my die cut machine :) So I feel ya.. Ive never seen that die used before.. Its awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just awesome!
    Great image and colors.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh this is so cute! Love those little fries and burgers.
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Kristy! Tootsie Roll sculptures are a favorite with my kidlets!

      Delete
  10. Adorable die and your cheesburger and fries are making me hungry. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. A complete party or family activity kit including cupcake and frosting mixes and decorations.

    ReplyDelete