Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012



It's day 11 of Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop!  This has been so much fun, hopping and commenting AND I thank everyone for the awesome comments you've give me! 
 
Hubby and I have a deal for the month of October - We don't go out to eat unless it has something to do with Halloween. It's a good plan, we've both lost weight already! The first Halloween food trip was to Krispy Kreme for doughnuts! Oh how I love Halloween doughnuts! Anyway, here's a quick project made with polymer clay and Halloween love! Materials: Polymer clay - orange and a mix of white, gold, brown, yellow and orange to make the "dough" (I use this for cookie dough, too. Glossy sealer Micro beads in green, purple and copper Needle tool or tooth pick Crochet needle or other smoothing tool
Start by conditioning the clay.Roll it in your hands until it's easy to shape. Flatten slightly.  
Use your smoothing tool to to make holes and roll it around in there to make the hole a size you like.
Roll balls of the orange clay and flatten as much as you can and keep it as round as possible.Use the crochet needle to push through the "icing" to reestablish the hole.
Use your needle tool or tooth pick to make holes through both sides.Bake clay according to the directions.
When the beads are cool, brush glossy sealer on the icing and sprinkle micro beads on the wet sealer.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are the cutest little doughnuts i've ever seen! Fab idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WoW - how fabulous... such a clever idea. I LUV them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job with the beads, looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss!!!
    Neat idea about eating the Halloween fare when you go out.

    I am SOOOOO jealous that you went to Krispy Kreme!! They closed their locations near me.

    LOVE the donut beads!!! As, always thanks for the tutorial.

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. the donuts look good enough to eat, lol! reminds me that i haven't had breakfast yet...great digital card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cool! Looks good enough to eat for sure. Keep up the good work with the weight loss. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. so colorful...love your doughnuts..neat..O! jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing how you made these awesome donuts! They are making me want to eat them!!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your doughnut beads but they are making me hungry!! Fimo is so wonderful for little food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful art. thanks for sharing the how to..they look yummy
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your doughnut beads are fantastic
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. um YUM! Now, if u make earrings of these lil doughnuts you'll know why he keeps trying to nibble on your ears! lol so cute! like the micro beads on them

    ReplyDelete
  13. These doughnut beads are absolutely fabulous! I am excited because I have all the ingredients in my house to give these a try :D Once again, thanks for the inspiration and the directions, My Queen of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome doughnuts! and thank you for the tutorial! xxx

    ReplyDelete